Sunday, January 17, 2010

Broccoli Bisque

Simplicity at its finest. Broccoli. Leeks. Potato. Throw into a pot with some chicken stock. Simmer. Blend. Soup. Divine.

broccoli_bisque_01

It doesn’t have to be any more complicated than this. And why should it be?

Try this easy Broccoli Bisque yourself, from the Autumn 2008 issue of Food & Drink. If you feel like skipping the gremolata, a sprinkling of goat cheese, dollop of yogurt or heavy cream, or some garlic croutons would make a fantastic alternative garnish.

(N.B. I have to give a shoutout to Ivonne of Cream Puffs in Venice, whose weekly “Magazine Mondays” posts have inspired me to tackle my own pile of cooking magazines and cookbooks in 2010. If you haven’t checked out her blog in the past, you’re missing out. Great recipes. Great photos. Great stories. Great blog!)

1 comments:

Ivonne January 18, 2010 at 8:36 p.m.  

Food & Drink is one of my favourites, Bonita! I don't remember this recipe but I'm so glad you highlighted. It looks delicious!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger templates 'Neuronic' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP